Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Introduction

So…this is my 1st blog post.  It’s kind of stressful if you think about it.  I mean, after you figure out which layout you want, to what background and colors go together….then you actually have to post something right?…I mean, isn’t that the point of a blog?  To post things?  

This 1st post is terribly important because it sets the tone for the whole blog.  It sets the tone, not just for the readers, but for the writer (me) as well.  So…what should my 1st blog be about?  These are the things that were going through my mind before I actually opened up Microsoft Word and started typing out what I wanted to say…YES, I’m a weirdo and have to do it this way…then copy and paste it into Tumblr.  Don’t judge me!

After a lot of thought, I finally came up with the decision to treat this as if I am talking to/having a conversation with someone for the first time….so….here we go:

Hi there!  My name is Rebecca Lauren Geiger.  I go by Lauren.  Everyone in my family has the same initials…R.L.G.  Some of you may think “ahh, how precious and cute.” But in all honesty, it’s kind of annoying.  I don’t really know why my parents didn’t just have me go by Rebecca…that would have made things a lot easier….especially in school.  I don’t think I can remember any 1st days of school where I didn’t have to correct a teacher and let her know I went by my middle name…oh, and the part where they always butchered my last name.  You actually pronounce it (Gig-errr)…haha, if that makes since.  Anyways…moving on.   

I was born and raised in little town called Lugoff, South Carolina.  It’s right outside of Columbia, South Carolina.  I went to College at Winthrop University where I spent 5 awesome years making life long friends and of course, finally deciding what to get a degree in….which ended up being a degree in Integrated Marketing Communications.  Now, some of you might wonder what the heck that is…but it’s basically anything from Marketing, to Public Relations, Advertising, Event Planning, Sales, etc.   

I might actually be one of the few people that has a job in the field I went to school for.  I just recently moved to Nashville, Tennessee back in February of this year and I work in the marketing department for the biggest law firm in Tennessee.  I’m learning more and more everyday and absolutely love it here.    It has taken a while for me to adjust with being taken out of my family bubble, friend bubble, social bubble…heck, my state bubble…but I’m finally getting situated with my new life here.

Whew…ok, that wasn’t so so bad!  You know how you meet or hangout with someone for the first couple of times, you get this vibe or feeling that you know you’ll be life long friends?  Well, I’m not going to push my luck with this by saying that I’ll be forever tied to blogging…BUT I hope it will be something that will inspire me to write more and be creative.  I’ve never been a good writer and I feel like it has been because of the fact that we were always made to do it in school, so I never did it for fun outside of the classroom.  I’m not saying I’m going to post something everyday…I’m a happy go lucky individual so whenever I feel like sharing something…I will :)  So…that leaves us to this point….here is introduction to my 1st blog!!!  Stay tuned….

RGL

No comments:

Post a Comment