Monday, April 18, 2011

1 down on the “Nashville Bucket List”


Eating at Pancake Pantry is a Nashville tradition and it has been on my "Nashville Bucket List" since I moved here.  It's in the Hillsboro Village neighborhood.  Every time I've passed by, there was a line to get in, which is usually a good sign. The roomies and I finally went yesterday morning – the line wasn’t that bad when we arrived…but when we finished our meal, the line wrapped around the corner. We timed it pretty good- just about 30 minutes to wait. But once we were seated, I could understand the appeal. The staff is very busy, but friendly, and ready with a suggestion if you ask.

Because of the location and proximity to Music Row, I've read about many celebrity sightings here, although I recognized no one during my visit (it was around 9am on a Sunday, so I couldn't blame them...). It was very enjoyable, even with the 30 minute wait. 

My Dish: I was torn between the Caribbean Pancakes and the regular buttermilk pancakes.  Finally I decided on the buttermilk pancakes with eggs and bacon on the side.

Oh. My. Goodness. They were freakin amazing!

One of my other roommates got the Caribbean Pancakes topped with Chocolate Chips and it looked mighty delish as well.
Yay for marking 1 of the things off on my “Nashville Bucket List”.  I will definitely go back! 

Just like there poster says inside: "Rain, snow or shine, there’s always a line."

RGL

2 comments:

  1. wow! this place looks soo cool, i love chocolate chip pancakes best! my friend that is sitting beside me in class right now saw your post and replied--"so good!" she's been too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea, they were absolutely amazing! It's def. worth the wait. :)

    ReplyDelete