Monday, June 13, 2011

G.R.I.T.S.


A few months ago, I picked up this charming little book and have thoroughly enjoyed reading it.  If you're a southern belle at heart like me, this is a must read!  If you are interested in being a southern lady, this book is a fine attempt at explaining how to be a one.  It is a bible for the Southern girl-whether born and bred, expatriated, or adoptive –and her many admirers.  I have been non-stop laughing!

It reveals the code behind the distinctive -and irresistible-style of the Southern woman. Equal parts sweet sincerity and sharp, sly humor, The Grits Guide to Life is chock-full of Southern charm: advice, true-life stories from honest-to-god "Grits," recipes, humor, quotable wisdom, and more. Readers will learn vital lessons, including: how to eat a watermelon in a sundress; how to drink like a Southern lady (sip...a lot); and the real meaning of PMS (Precious Mood Southerner).

Here’s a taste of one of the Grits lessons:
 
 
This book is a really great read if you are a Southern girl or love somebody who is.  It reviews all that your momma shoulda taught ya about being a true lady.

Have any of you ever read this book?  If so, what did you think???

RGL

6 comments:

  1. This book looks adorable, and I've never heard of it! I think it is a MUST-HAVE for my coffee table books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got this book at the beach a few years ago and love it! I had it on my nightstand at college and every so often would just flip through it when I needed a pick-me-up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks precious. I'm definitely going to have to read it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never read this, but it seems cute! My favortire Southern saying is "bless her heart," I say it all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just bought this book two days ago and I'm just about done reading it because it's so darn good! It is a precious little pick-me-up; The perfect "Bible" for us Southern women.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Munchkins cat breeder, we stand behind our guarantee, our customers, and our kittens! We go to great efforts to ensure that our kittens are healthy and socialized with an excellent demeanor that is native to the breed of each kitten.
    munchkin kittens for sale
    munchkin kittens
    munchkin for sale
    munchkin cats for sale
    munchkin cat | munchkin cat for sale | munchkin kittens for sale | munchkin cats for sale | munchkin cat breeders | munchkin kittens for sale near me | munchkin kitten for sale | munchkin cats | munchkin kittens for sale near me | munchkin kittens | buy munchkin cats | munchkin kitten for sale | munchkin cat for sale | standard munchkin kitten for sale | dwarf cats for sale | cat breeders near me | munchkin breeders near me | white munchkin cats | dwarf cats | short legged munchkin kittens for sale | short legged kittens for sale

    ReplyDelete