Thursday, November 17, 2011

Onesie Bouquet

As I mentioned in my previous post, we had a baby shower last week for one of the girls in my department at work and I wanted to make something crafty yet useful for the shower. I’ve seen cute things before like a ribbon wreath, or a diaper cake, etc…but I wanted to do something different.   After looking online, I came across this adorable idea for a onesie bouquet…ding, ding, ding…this is GENIOUS! 
It was so much fun to make and it was the perfect center piece as well.
Here’s how I made it:
What you need: (Note, this is for an any sex baby because the Mom’s not finding out if it’s a girl or boy)
  • Bucket/tin/container of some sort to put the stuff in.  I got mine from Hobby Lobby and then got the wooden letter H to glue on the bucket to make it more personal.  Since we don’t know the sex of the baby, we don’t know the name either so I went with H because that’s what their last name starts with.
  • Pack of onesies.  I actually got 2 packs…different sizes ranging between 0-3 months and then 3-6 months.  Try to stay with solid colors if you can.
  • Pack of bibs…or whatever else you want…I’ve seen some people do socks as well.
  • Wooden Dowels. This was used to wrap the onesies and bibs around.
  • Tissue Paper. I bought a pack of green, yellow and orange to add a little more color to the bouquet...but I only ended up using the green and yellow…and I probably used about 5 of each color.
  • Clear rubber bands/Yarn/Ribbon tape. This will hold the onesie together after you make it into a flower.
  • Styrofoam block. This was what I stuck the dowels in.
Directions:
  • Step one- lay the onesie out and snap the bottom. Fold in either side.
  • Step two- starting at the bottom of the folded onesie, take a wooden dowel  at the end of it, start rolling the onesie up tight into a tube that looks like a Swiss cake roll. At the top of your onesie,  it should look like a rose bud. Take the yarn or whatever you have, and tie it around the onesie so it will hold.  I used strips of yarn and tied knots around 2 places of my onesies to secure it.
  • Step three- Arrange the flower-bud onesies/bibs in the pot so that the flower bud is up at the top. Poke the wooden dowels deeply into the foam so that the onesies are securely placed.
  • Step four- Arrange the tissue paper in between the onesies to accent the flower bouquet.  You can use as many or as few as you prefer.
And tadaa!!!!  You’re done.  This was the first time I’ve ever made one, so I apologize if I didn’t do a good job explaining everything.  If you have any questions, I’ll be happy to answer any.  And if you decide to create one…please send me the link…I’d LOVE to see it.
RGL

1 comment:

  1. Munchkins cat breeder, we stand behind our guarantee, our customers, and our kittens! We go to great efforts to ensure that our kittens are healthy and socialized with an excellent demeanor that is native to the breed of each kitten.
    munchkin kittens for sale
    munchkin kittens
    munchkin for sale
    munchkin cats for sale
    munchkin cat | munchkin cat for sale | munchkin kittens for sale | munchkin cats for sale | munchkin cat breeders | munchkin kittens for sale near me | munchkin kitten for sale | munchkin cats | munchkin kittens for sale near me | munchkin kittens | buy munchkin cats | munchkin kitten for sale | munchkin cat for sale | standard munchkin kitten for sale | dwarf cats for sale | cat breeders near me | munchkin breeders near me | white munchkin cats | dwarf cats | short legged munchkin kittens for sale | short legged kittens for sale

    ReplyDelete